730 Yonge parking permits
The following terms and conditions are binding and non-negotiable when buying a Chestnut Residence parking permit:
- Above and beyond the terms detailed below, you are to abide by, and are beholden to, the rules and regulations governing parking and the use of all parking permits on the St. George campus set forth by Transportation Services in their Parking Regulations.
- Regardless of the permit type purchased, all 730 Yonge parking permits are valid only at the 730 Yonge underground garage. These permits are not valid at any other Unversity of Toronto parking facility. In cases where permit holders do park in parking facilities other than the 730 Yonge underground garage, enforcement action will be taken and it’s possible a PVN (Parking Violation Notice) or “ticket” will be issued. Under such circumstances, Transportation Services will not withdraw said tickets. There are no exceptions.
- Your QR code is required to enter and exit the underground parking facility. Upon completing the purchase of your permit, the QR code is generated and saved for retrieval in your online account as well as sent to the account’s registered email address. This QR code can be scanned from your phone or printed copy.
- Your QR code is required to use the pedestrian door to enter and exit the underground garage. To help ensure the safety of permit holders and operations staff alike, the pedestrian door remains locked at all times. Please scan your QR code (the same one used to enter and exit the garage) to open the pedestrian door.
- Permit holders are solely responsible for registering the correct vehicle to their parking permit. Incomplete or incorrect license plates will invalidate the pass (when enforcement officers scan the vehicle license plate on-site it will not link your active pass). In such cases, it’s possible a PVN (Parking Violation Notice) or “ticket” will be issued. Under such circumstances, Transportation Services will not withdraw said tickets or provide refunds for the pass in question. There are no exceptions.
- Permits can be cancelled. However, cancellation terms vary depening on permit type:
- Monthly Permits: When requesting a cancellation, there is an automatic $25.00 administrative fee. Furthermore, the parking rate for days used (from the start date up to, and including, the cancellation date) is converted into applicable day and weekend rates. If the recalculated cost of the parking period exceeds the monthly permit rate (plus admin fee), the permit cannot be cancelled.
- Annual Permits: When requesting the cancellation of an annual permit, there is no administrative fee. However, a cancellation request is only valid for the upcoming month (specifically, effective the first of the upcoming month). Permit cancellation requests made for the current month, and not upcoming month, will have the parking rate for days used (from the first day of the current month up to, and including, the cancellation date) converted into applicable day and weekend rates. If the recalculated cost of the parking period exceeds the monthly permit rate, the permit cannot be cancelled for the current month.