Chestnut Residence parking permits
The following terms and conditions are binding and non-negotiable when buying a Chestnut Residence parking permit:
- Above and beyond the terms detailed below, you are to abide by, and are beholden to, the rules and regulations governing parking and the use of all parking permits on the St. George campus set forth by Transportation Services in their Parking Regulations.
- Regardless of the permit type purchased, all Chestnut Residence parking permits are valid only at the Chestnut Residence underground garage. These permits are not valid at any other Unversity of Toronto parking facility. In cases where permit holders do park in parking facilities other than the Chestnut underground garage, enforcement action will be taken and it’s possible a PVN (Parking Violation Notice) or “ticket” will be issued. Under such circumstances, Transportation Services will not withdraw said tickets. There are no exceptions.
- Chestnut staff and student permits are available for purchase only by faculty, staff and students of the University of Toronto. To gain access to your online account and purchase these specific permit types, the following is required:
- You must submit your “@utoronto.ca” (if faculty/staff) or “@mail.utoronto.ca” (if student) e-mail in the request form.
- You must provide a valid, active employee personnel number OR student number.
- Have active UTORid credentials
- The following permit types are available:
- Faculty/Staff & Student (living at Chestnut Residence)
- Faculty/Staff & Student External (for UofT faculty/staff and students who are not living or working at the Chestnut Residence)
- Courthouse employee
- External (available to all members of the general public)
- Before proceeding with your permit request, make sure your vehicle is lower than the facility height restriction (six feet – 6’0″). Vehicles surpassing this limit that attempt entry and get stuck in the process are solely liable for damage to their vehicle, UofT property and all costs to extract said vehicle from the garage.
- An access card is required to enter and exit the underground parking facility. Once a permit request is submitted and your online account has been activated, as well as permit payment made, instructions for the retrieval of your access card from the Chesnut Residence will be provided.
- Permit holders are solely responsible for registering the correct vehicle to their parking permit. Incomplete or incorrect license plates will invalidate the pass (when enforcement officers scan the vehicle license plate on-site it will not link your active pass). In such cases, it’s possible a PVN (Parking Violation Notice) or “ticket” will be issued. Under such circumstances, Transportation Services will not withdraw said tickets or provide refunds for the pass in question. There are no exceptions.
- Permits can be cancelled. However, cancellation terms vary depening on permit type:
- Monthly Permits: When requesting a cancellation, there is an automatic $25.00 administrative fee. Furthermore, the parking rate for days used (from the start date up to, and including, the cancellation date) is converted into applicable day and weekend rates. If the recalculated cost of the parking period exceeds the monthly permit rate (plus admin fee), the permit cannot be cancelled.
- Annual Permits: When requesting the cancellation of an annual permit, there is no administrative fee. However, a cancellation request is only valid for the upcoming month (specifically, effective the first of the upcoming month). Permit cancellation requests made for the current month, and not upcoming month, will have the parking rate for days used (from the first day of the current month up to, and including, the cancellation date) converted into applicable day and weekend rates. If the recalculated cost of the parking period exceeds the monthly permit rate, the permit cannot be cancelled for the current month.